Dubai I must say is growing on me! I have had the opportunity to explore the city a bit in the past couple days and I am really surprised by a lot of things that I have seen but not maybe in the way you would expect... I feel as though I am in America except for the occasional camel and lots more sand oh and heat! Dubai has almost everything they have in America when it comes to products for bathroom supplies to clothing stores! I was really surprised to see an American Eagle in their mall along with victoria secret and even forever 21! They also have an Ikea! Basically when it comes to the shopping I feel right at home no actually I feel even better than I would at home more like I would feel in heaven, seriously the only way heaven would be better is if all the clothes were free for me oh and maybe not so many people (at the mall, they can be in heaven they just have to find their own mall, not hard to do here I haven't been to the same mall twice and I have already been to 4!)
My first couple days here have been pretty good I have figured out the metro I think but I have also came to enjoy a great benefit we flight attendants get which is free rides on a shuttle strictly for crew to and from the emirates headquarters to your or other flight attendants buildings. Right now I am headed to the headquarters to meet up with a few girls in my training group to get our nails done and have some dinner and drinks or as on of the girls I am meeting Alex calls it tea. That is one of my favorite things about working with an international mix of people all the different slangs and accents everyone has! She had no clue people from other places do not call dinner tea and I had no clue what she was talking about, "Alex! We are getting dinner not tea!" I exclaimed and she was like, "yeah..I said that" :)
In other news everyone is taking turns cooking meals from their homes and I am at a complete loss for what I can cook. Nothing is too American but they all asked I cook them a thanksgiving dinner! I do not think the quite understand how much work that involves and also the fact that I have never personally cooked one so this should be interesting... I think I've got some time before it is my turn though so I have time to get prepared!
Anyways I have a few more photos I would like to add but I am on my iPhone and not sure how to do that so it may need to wait till next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment