Friday, December 7, 2012

Moscow and a birthday and Abu Dubi OH MY!

While the month has just begun and it sure has been a busy start! I have already done a lot and it has only been a week into December!
I started this month off with two turnaround trips. My first one was to Dhaka in Bangladesh, I had been well warned by a lot of people that this is the worst flight I would do but I personally did not find it all that bad. For me the worst part of the whole trip was in boarding on the way because they had a lot of stuff and trying to find space for everything was a challenge! The people were very friendly though and nothing crazy happened which is always nice!My next flight was another turn around this time to Istanbul it was a tough flight thanks to most of the customers being either rude or extremely drunk and the length of the trip was far too long! Both of these flights are five hours each way, we have to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight and it takes about an hour to get the plane ready to bring people back plus an hour after we land in Dubai to get everything in order and get to the bus to go home, all in all these were two 14 plus hour days back to back so I was extremely exhausted once they were finally done! I slept like 16 hours and that was really nice because it was actually raining for the first time in a long time and everything was flooding the whole city was a puddle!

Moscow flight was not so bad at all we had the whole Moscow pro rugby team on board in because they just got done playing in a huge tourney in Dubai and were headed back home. I had been warned that russian flights everyone wants drinks but luckily this was not the case. Most the guys slept a lot and the rest of plane was not even that bad at all so I did not mind. After departing the plane we had an hour long bus ride to the city and it was already mid night so we went straight to our rooms and slept. The next morning I went down to brunch, i think every hotel we go to has amazing brunches and this one was really nice too. I have worked out a routine where I always go get the brunch in the morning and then I am filled up for a good part of the day. It is nice too because they are discounted for us crew so I can have more money for important things like shopping ;). After brunch we all planned on meeting downstairs. There is a shuttle from the hotel that takes you right to the red square! There were about 10 or so of us that met to go to red square. It was really cold!!! Like 8 degrees is all plus windy that made it feel even colder. Despite the weather the square was amazing and beautiful. The buildings there are so cool. I think that it was really neat to see because a lot of Russia to me doesn't look very nice kinda run down but these buildings are super nice and the snow added something extra special. Unfortunately I somehow forgot my camera charger and the battery was dead so I got no pictures but a friend on the trip took lots and is supposed to email me so I hope to be receiving those soon to post and goo news is that I have another trip there at the end of the month so I can take pictures then!
That night we had a red eye back to Dubai and the plane was only half full!! I love that because the crew is more relaxed and all the crew was so nice so it was good to get a more relaxed flight where we could visit and get to know each other, if the crew had been bad I would have preferred a full flight because full flights go so fast! But the flight went fast anyways because it is only a four and a half hour plane ride from Moscow to Dubai. Also it was my birthday so I got a little spoiled. I got all types of goodies from first and business class cabins, chocolates, cookies, ice cream, dinner, cheese tray, cappuccino and on the bus from the plane to HQ the crew gave me a perfume from duty free that they had all gone in on it smells amazing it was so nice I was blown away!
So because it was my birthday I did not want to spend the whole day sleeping like I normally would have and so i decided to do what I loved instead, after all I was all jacked up on sweets and coffee from the plane:). I started off by going on a nice run on the beach followed by a short workout then I met my friend Teresa and we decided to lay out and tan. We have this card called a face card and it allows us all kinds of discounts and stuff around Dubai. With this card there are pools and beach clubs we can go to for free. One of the pools we can go to for free is in a very nice hotel a few blocks from where we live. We decided to check it out and it was amazing! There were lounge chairs everywhere a nice pool with a swim up bar and a jacuzzi and a guy walked around and gave you fruit on a stick. We stayed all day and then went home and got ready for dinner with a few of my closest friends at a little steak house followed by cake and champagne at another friends house followed by dancing and drinks at a little bar and then home! It was a very nice birthday, the best i have had in a very very long time!

I had been invited by a friend to go to Abu Dabi yesterday. She needed to renu her passport and her embassy is in Abu Dabi so she was headed over. I had never been but i really wanted to go so I happily joined in. We hired a guy that takes people from Dubai into Abu Dabi and where ever they want to go and so we did not have to worry about getting around anywhere and finding a cab. I had looked up a few things to do once we get done with the embassy stuff. There is a 7 star hotel in Abu Dabi and it is called the Emirates Palace. (It is where sex and the city 2 was filmed and the hotel they stayed in in the movie to give you an idea). I read that they let you go in and tour around there and so we did just that! The hotel is amazing and they have a menu that boast a few foods that they even put gold into. One of the things is a cappuccino. It was only 50 dhs too (roughly $13.50)a small price to pay for gold hahaha! We couldn't pass it up... it was really nice and we really enjoyed ourselves. I look forward to going back to Abu Dabi someday soon and drinking some more gold haha.

When I got back from Abu Dabi I had been invited to a Sinter Klaas gift exchange party by some of my roommates Dutch friends. It was really nice! Sinter Klaas is a dutch holiday that children in Holland celebrate where they have to put your shoe by the fire and the next day it is filled with candy, your used shoe filled with candy sound great huh!? HAHA. It was really nice though they made traditional Dutch food and we had a nice time.

Here are some pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment