Well, I am in Dubai!! Wa-hoo! I arrived last night around 8:30.
The plane ride was great for the most part. I had selected a seat near the back of the plane and next to the window so I could look out I also selected a seat that did not have anyone sitting in the seat next to me. I was very happy with this arrangement because it was close to wear the crew were so I could knid of get a sneak peak of the back-scenes and what I will soon be doing. The only dissapointment was the fact that a middle aged man did not like his seat and chose to move to the one next to me... not horrible but he was a little weird and kept snoring as he slept.
The plane ride other than that was great though! I had a whole three meals while on board and the crew was extremely nice. They gave me a ton of candy and extra stuff haha and a tour of the whole plane and a cappachino which normally is not offered to people in economy! Also they let me sit in 1st class for a while, that was such a luxury! Other than that I tried not to sleep too much because there is an 11 hour time difference and once I got to Dubai it was like 7:30 am American time and I am used to getting up around then. Instead of sleeping i was pleasently surprised to find there was loads of entertainment as far as movies and tv shows go! I watched a few movies and then discovered they offered 8 epsiodes of Friends (may favorite show) and so spent the rest of the time watching that!
Once in Dubai it was very easy, there was someone waiting for me and she took me stright to the front of the customs line and I went through no problem then some other lady told me my schedule for the up coming week and sent me to a man who would take me to my new home. I was placed in the 21st century tower and lucked out with the master suite! I was too tiered to unpack last night and so I just showered then one of my roommates came home. She is a very nice girl from south america but i cannot remember her name.... The other roommate is a gril from India how is on a layover right now she is married and her husband is visiting right now so he was here but i cannot remember his name either... They are moving into there own place so the girl from South Africa is having her friend move in here in the other girls spot. I do not know her name either, (clearly not a name person) but she is apparently very nice and from New Zealand so i think it will be very nice.
I am trying to figure out how to post photos so you can see about my plane ride:)
This is of me with me with the eye mask they provide for the passengers
This is the Burj Khalifa, it is the tallest building in the world and very close to my apartment
this is my breakfast on the plane, they give you a menu with a few options and this one is kind of english it is a egg and pepper type casserole and beans, sausage, mushrooms, crossiant, oj, fruit and coffee.
This is not a great picture but it was when we were going over the North Pole!
This was actually our first meal it was a choice between curry or lmab and I had had curry with Chase for lunch so I chose lamb. It was good but I think my favorite part was the wine and cheese I saved for a little later, also I really don't like the idea of eatting a cute little lamb :(
This is a picture of the plane from the terminal, not the best photo though...
Yummy tea a little later and cookies
Ok so on the plane they have a channel you can pick and it shows you what is under the plane so I took this picture of the channel when we were flying over the north pole, lucky we didn't hit any raindeer!! hahahahaha









Loving this! Been thinking about you this wknd. It was fun to get to share the first leg of your journey with you, too!Keep the posts and pictures coming. :D
ReplyDelete